On Saturday 14 May this year we are proud to present a brand new event – The Great Knockholt Bake Off! We want to find the best amateur bakers in Knockholt and surrounding villages! It’s time to get competitive! Across three categories (and a separate children’s competition) we will be testing inventiveness, technical prowess, and the wow factor.
Finesse your flans, sharpen your sponges, and create celebratory cakes!
Don’t be shy, put your best flan (or cake) forward! We’ll have a team of judges to sample all entries. After the judging, cakes will be sold for our charities – so even if you’re not baking, come along to sample those that did enter!
There will be four competitions:
- Children’s competition: six decorated cupcakes. Any flavour, any design! Please specify the child’s age on the entry form.
- Signature dish: a savoury or sweet flan. Good pastry, great tastes.
- Technical challenge: a traditional Victoria sponge using buttercream and strawberry jam.
- Show stopper: an amazing cake with the theme of village life. Let your imagination run wild!
You may enter more than one category – an entry fee applies for each one. All entries must be registered in advance via the entry form and entry fees paid in advance.
Items must be clearly labelled with any allergy warnings, along with name, contact number and child’s age where applicable. Entries will not be returned and will be sold for charity; any plates or boards must be clearly labelled with name and contact number. For guidance on safe preparation of cakes, please see this guidance from the food standard agency. Judges’ decision is final.
- Entries delivered to the Village Centre by 10:30am
- Judging from 11:00am (behind closed doors!)
- General public doors open for viewing at 12:00pm
- Prizes awarded at 1:00pm
- Sale of cakes (and tea and coffee!) from 1:15pm
Knockholt Village Centre, Main Road, Knockholt, Kent TN14 7LD.
Free parking is available behind the village centre.