In the light of recent events the Great Knockholt Bake Off has been postponed until after the summer – further details will be announced soon.
On Sunday 17th May this year we are thrilled to be holding the fourth Great Knockholt Bake Off! After the huge success of last year’s event, we are continuing our quest to find the best amateur bakers in Knockholt and surrounding villages … it’s time to get competitive with your cakes!
Across four(ish) categories (and a separate children’s competition) we will be testing inventiveness, technical prowess, the ability to work with constraints, and the wow factor.
Practice your pastry, finesse your flans, and create celebratory cakes!
Don’t be shy, put your best food forward! We’ll have a team of judges to sample all entries. After the judging, cakes will be sold for our charities – so even if you’re not baking, come along to sample those that did enter!
There will be six competitions:
- Children’s competition – six decorated cupcakes
- Signature dish – a vegetarian pizza
- Technical challenge (1) – at least six identical scones
- Technical challenge (2) – a pot of jam (which would taste great on scones!)
- Free from something – a cake catering for allergies – the more missing ingredients, the better!
- Show stopper – an amazing cake with the theme of Expedition and Exploration
You may enter more than one category – an entry fee applies for each one. All entries must be registered in advance via the entry form and entry fees paid in advance.
Items must be clearly labelled with any allergy warnings – preferably a full list of ingredients, along with name, contact number and child’s age where applicable. Entries to the adult competitions will not be returned and will be sold for charity; any plates or boards must be clearly labelled with name and contact number. For guidance on safe preparation of cakes, please see this guidance from the food standard agency. Judges’ decision is final.
Entry forms can be found here.
- Entries delivered to the Village Centre by 12 noon
- Judging from 1:00pm (behind closed doors!)
- General public doors open for viewing at 2:30pm
- Prizes awarded at 3:30pm
- Sale of cakes (and tea and coffee!) starting when doors open
Are you interested in sponsoring one of our competitions? Please get in touch!
Knockholt Village Centre, Main Road, Knockholt, Kent TN14 7LD.
Free parking is available behind the village centre.