On Sunday 12 May this year we are thrilled to be holding the third Great Knockholt Bake Off! After the huge success of last year’s event, we are continuing our quest to find the best amateur bakers in Knockholt and surrounding villages … it’s time to get competitive with your cakes!
Across four categories (and a separate children’s competition) we will be testing inventiveness, technical prowess, the ability to work with constraints, and the wow factor.
Practice your pastry, finesse your flans, and create celebratory cakes!
Don’t be shy, put your best food forward! We’ll have a team of judges to sample all entries. After the judging, cakes will be sold for our charities – so even if you’re not baking, come along to sample those that did enter!
There will be five competitions:
- Children’s competition – six decorated cupcakes
- Signature dish – a quiche
- Technical challenge – at least six shortbread biscuits
- Free from something – a cake catering for allergies – the more missing ingredients, the better!
- Show stopper – an amazing cake with the theme of Green & Pleasant
You may enter more than one category – an entry fee applies for each one. All entries must be registered in advance via the entry form and entry fees paid in advance.
Items must be clearly labelled with any allergy warnings, along with name, contact number and child’s age where applicable. Entries to the adult competitions will not be returned and will be sold for charity; any plates or boards must be clearly labelled with name and contact number. For guidance on safe preparation of cakes, please see this guidance from the food standard agency. Judges’ decision is final.
- Entries delivered to the Village Centre by 12 noon
- Judging from 1:00pm (behind closed doors!)
- General public doors open for viewing at 2:30pm
- Prizes awarded at 3:30pm
- Sale of cakes (and tea and coffee!) starting when doors open
This year we are sponsored by:
- OrangeDoor, an integrated marketing communications, events and creative agency
- Coolings Green & Pleasant, Knockholt’s premier location for nature, food, shopping and plants
Knockholt Village Centre, Main Road, Knockholt, Kent TN14 7LD.
Free parking is available behind the village centre.